Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Leo's Den - Updated


Please note: The most up-to-date information can be found at: http://leobooth.blogspot.com/2012/06/updated-leos-den.html


There is updated information on Leo's Den from the last time I blogged about it in January. I'd love to have you stay there! Please read on for additional information and contact me with your questions. Also, if you've stayed at Leo's Den in the past, please send me your photos.



Leo’s Den


Many of you know that I have a comfortable home in England (Lancashire). With this in mind, I wish to make my house available to my American friends. At the moment it is being completely re-decorated and it will be available for rent in May 2012. (But trust me when I say it is most comfortable).

About the House: This attractive detached house has three bedrooms, and will comfortably sleep up to five people, with a kitchen, dining room and two lounge areas; also two bathrooms and showers with a guest toilet downstairs. There is a garden at the back and front to just sit and relax.

Where is it? The house is located outside the city of Manchester, close to Yorkshire, Stratford on Avon (Shakespeare's home), the countryside where the T.V. series All Creatures Great and Small was filmed, The Lake District, Auckland Castle, Liverpool (birthplace of the Beatles) and close to Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters' home. Scotland is three hours drive and there is a direct railway connection between Manchester and London. Of course, for soccer fans you can see Manchester United play at Old Trafford.

Perks:

Car Available
In order to see the beauty of England's countryside or visit Scotland, Ireland and Wales you need a car. This is what makes visiting England, with hotels and car rentals priced in "the English pound" so expensive. With this in mind, I've included the use of my personal Mercedes (E Series) in the daily rental. Also, a number of people have indicated that they don't feel comfortable driving "on the other side of the road" in England. Do't worry, we can provide a driver for a few hours at the beginning of your trip to help you navigate the roads. This truly makes Leo's Den a great deal.

Auntie Christine
I've arranged for Auntie Christine to be the housekeeper and point person for your stay. Anything you need for the house, she will try to accommodate and meet your every need. She's a fantastic person. You'll enjoy Auntie Christine.

The Olympic Games
Beginning in July, many of you know that England will be hosting the International Olympic Games in
London. Manchester is a rail trip (2 hours, 30 minutes) from London and visitors could stay at my home, visit London, then return to enjoy the beautiful countryside of Great Britain (ie England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland). For those who are interested in catching some of the events at the Olympics, this could be the ideal arrangement.

Queen Elizabeth 60 Year Jubilee
Queen Elizabeth and some of the Royal Family will be visiting different parts of the country to celebrate her sixty years on the throne. Why not join the crowds and experience the royal wave; perhaps see Charles and
Camilla chatting to the local people or enjoying a beer in a local pub? It's all happening this year. Have you thought about reserving dates over the holidays or in 2013? Well, celebrating Christmas and New Year in England is fantastic; fireworks, Bangers and Mash, Christmas pudding and crackers!

How do I make a reservation for my vacation at Leo's Den?
Contact my office at 562.494.2900. Email: fatherleo@fatherleo.com We have a master calendar and all your dates (if available) will be confirmed when payment is received. Everything is as above, all you need to do is pay for the gasoline and food you require during your stay and then enjoy England at your own pace or, if you are feeling adventurous, explore Europe; after all, Paris, France is not that far away!

What is the cost?
It is simply $250.00 per day (including use of the car and domestic services provided by Auntie Christine). Basic snacks will be provided upon arrival at the house and I'll arrange for somebody to provide orientation for driving in England.

I want you to feel at home in my home and for those of you who are interested in AA recovery, I will provide a list of scheduled meetings. However, I do realize that not everyone is in recovery and so everyone is able to rent my house.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.
Leo Booth

No comments:

Post a Comment